Thank you to everyone who came out on a snowy January night! Meggan brought chocolate chip cookies and we had a good meeting where we set the tentative date for Game Night, talked about Staff Slam, worked through plans for a wish list for teachers, and more. Here is a short list of things we decided, or check out our full minutes to view everything discussed.
- We are looking for someone to coordinate sending cards to teachers/staff in the event of births/marriages/deaths etc
- Staff Slam is Friday March 6th in the HS gym. Doors open at 5:30.
- Game night is tentatively scheduled for Friday April 10th. We especially need parents to help with this. Grade 5 parents, this is an AWESOME way to connect with teachers and the PTO for this much anticipated event.
- Rose updated us about the PTO effort to start collecting supplies for teachers. She is coordinating the newly started Wish List where we can help donate things we know teachers need. We’ll soon have a Wish List page on our website based on teacher responses to Rose.
- May Day 5&5 registration is OPEN! Please register early for the best pricing and to be one of the first 250 racers to receive a shirt with entry.
- The library is seeking parents for mural painting.
Social media discussion has been postponed. We decided to select a separate night just for this discussion. Look for more details soon.
Not in the minutes, but very important: Mary Proctor is stepping down as the Washington DC trip coordinator at the end of this year. We are looking for someone to take over this role. Mary is VERY organized and will walk her replacement through everything, making this a very smooth transition. If you or someone you know is interested in learning more, please get in touch with us, or talk with Josh Hunkele or Mary Proctor directly to learn more.
The next PTO meeting will be Monday, March 16th, from 6:30 – 7:30 in the Middle School Library.
If you have questions for the PTO or are interested in learning more about us, please email Amy at email@example.com.