Join us for our 3rd PTO fall hike on Saturday October 10th at 8 a.m. We hope you can join us as we walk the Rim Trail (about 3 miles). We naturally separate into groups based on pace and this is a really casual group. Invite your friends to join us. If there are enough people and there is interest, we can also offer an option of hiking the base trail (flat terrain about 1.5 miles). View the Facebook Event Page.
Hello all! We’ve scheduled our first PTO hikes for the season. We’re trying something new this coming week – we’ll offer a morning hike AND an afternoon hike. We hope that you are able to check them out. If it works with your schedule, it is a fun way to meet new people and enjoy the beautiful fall scenery.
We meet at the overlook parking lot at Taughannock and hike the Rim trail. All paces are welcome! We typically break into groups based on pace if there are a lot of people. If there is interest, a group could walk the base trail instead of the rim.
Pop onto Facebook and join the event that works for your schedule. Share with your friends. The more the merrier!
Thanks to everyone who attended our May PTO meeting and Ice-Cream Social! At this meeting, we honored founding members Mary Proctor and Ann DiPetta as they head to the High school. We will miss them very much and are very grateful for their wonderful work with the MS PTO. Highlights of this meeting include;
- Financial updates including discussion about how to increase our financial support for teachers for the 2015-2016 school year.
- End of year faculty brunch planning.
- Hikes are planned for the season and are on Facebook and on our website.
- We planned a gathering at Atlas!
- We looked ahead to Zombie Night and set a date! Look for info about this soon with opportunities for sign-ups.
As is customary, Torie took wonderful minutes from the meeting if you’d like to read about everything that we discussed.