Thanks to everyone who came out to our last PTO. We talked about the following things:
- May Day Financials
- Voted on funding request from grade 7
- Grassroots parking
- Said farewell to outgoing officers Amy Dawson and Christina Luglan
- And much much more. Read our full minutes.
We hope you can sign up for at least one shift of our Grassroots parking if you are in town. If you work 8 hours you get a day pass for the festival. We will be sending out the Teacher Appreciation Lunch sign up soon. We will see you next year!!
Read our full meeting minutes from our April 3rd meeting.
Some of the highlights include:
- Staff Slam recap
- Grassroots parking
- May Day 5&5 updates
- End of year teacher luncheon
- 8th grade graduation dance
On Tuesday December 13th we met to talk about many things that the PTO is involved with. The Student Council president and vice president came to speak to us to ask for funding for a new scoreboard for the gym, we talked about the community read, discussed winter outings and more. Read the complete minutes.
We are currently looking for people to do the following things.
- Organize a winter outing at Rice Hill in January, February or even March!
- Sign up to lead Grassroots Parking for summer 2017. We do this with the Music Boosters and Sports Boosters. It is FUN and doesn’t take too much time. Learn the ropes from Amy Dawson and Christina Luglan.
- Sign up to be PTO President for 2017-2018. This is an ideal position for a grade 5 or grade 6 parent (or someone with a child in grade 7 or 8 with siblings coming up) who is excited to help forge connections in the school community. Please reach out if you are interested as Amy can share years of how things have been done and then you can carve your own path or follow the outline.
- We are also looking for a Vice President for 2017-2018. Interested? Perhaps this is an opportunity for you and a friend to get involved. This is also ideally filled by someone with a child in grade 5 or 6 (or someone with a child in grade 7 or 8 with siblings coming up).
If you are interested in any of these things or know someone who might be, please get in touch with us! We really appreciate your involvement.